Spartan Nation Gear Up Days
Gear Up Days are designed for students and parents to learn more about North Springs and to join clubs, pick up textbooks and schedules, meet teachers, and pay dues. Spartan Nation volunteers will be there to help guide you through the process.
On Wednesday, August 1, NSCHS will host Seniors at 8:30 to 10:00 a.m., Juniors at 10:30 a.m. to Noon, and Sophomores at 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. Freshmen have a day to themselves on August 2, from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
volunteer for gear Up days
Volunteers are needed to support and welcome parents and students to North Springs. This event takes a lot of hands to be successful and we need you! Please sign up on our SignUpGenius page for any two hour shift is convenient to you. Thank you for your help.
BEFORE GEAR UP DAYs
There are several steps you can take before Gear Up Days to make the event go more smoothly:
- All NEW students to NSCHS, including all 9th graders, are required to provide Proof of Residency within 30 days of the first day of school. This is in addition to any Proof of Residency you may have provided at the time of the Magnet application. To assist families in submitting this documentation prior to Gear Up Days, NSCHS is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. for you to drop COPIES of the information required. It is highly recommended that you submit the proof of residency prior to Gear Up Days. For required documentation, please see the North Springs website, at Parents/Registration and Forms.
- Join Spartan Nation to get your Fast Pass. Your membership in Spartan Nation directly supports programs that helps our students be thoroughly prepared for college.
- Print your Spartan Nation receipt. This receipt is your Fast Pass, will allow you to bypass the initial lines into Gear Up Days.
- Performing Arts students are expected to join their Booster organizations. Representatives of these organizations will be at Gear Up Days. For more information, see their respective websites.
- Student athlete families must join Spartan Athletic Booster Club. .
WHAT TO BRING ON GEAR UP DAYS
If your student is new to NSCHS and you did not previously bring Proof of Residency documentation as described above, please bring it on your Gear Up Day. You will also need forms of payment to join organizations and clubs if you have not already done so, in addition to the items listed below. Please note some organizations may not accept credit cards.
- Rent a locker ($10)
- Senior Dues ($110)
- Parking passes ($100)
- Purchase a Yearbook (discounted price only at Gear Up Days)
- Purchase Spirit Wear
- Join your Performing Arts Boosters
- Pay fines for textbooks or tablet equipment not returned the prior year
For additional details, please see Principal Hanson's summer Gear Up Days letter.