One of the primary ways Spartan Nation supports North Springs is through Teacher Grants. Grants are awarded to teachers who have submitted an application for a verifiable academic need that supports the diversity of our student body. Grants are awarded for teaching materials and other equipment not supplied by Fulton County School budget. Grants must meet stringent criteria for impact to the student body, sustainable results and must have a documented plan.
Teacher Grant Applications are now being accepted. Please see the Teacher Grant Application page.
We are proud of how our teachers have creatively used these funds to support and challenge our students. In the 2017-2018 school year, grants awarded included:
- Three Lego Mindstorm EV3 robot kits for computer science
- Two computers and software for the music technology class
- APA affiliate membership
- EKG wireless monitor for Health Sciences
- Health Sciences reference books for HOSA competitions
- Set Lighting for drama class
- English/Language Arts AP test preparation software
- Assistance for female youth at risk mentoring program
- Two tricycles for adaptive physical education in the CBI program
- DVD player for Social Studies
- Heat press equipment for a t-shirt collaboration project with FBLA, Entrepreneurship, and After School program